Do you have a small bathroom that has made you feel like you do not have many design options that will truly work and look great in the tiny space? Rethink that mindset, because small spaces are simply a challenge, and turning a small space into a perfect area is almost always achievable. At Lake Macquarie Carpentry & Building Services we love a challenge and have the skills, equipment, and experience to turn any room in your home into better than you can imagine it. If you are looking for bathroom renovations ideas or clever solutions for small bathrooms we can help you come up with the perfect vision for us to bring to life, so every corner of your home is exactly how you want it.
Simple Bathroom Renovation Ideas For Big Impact in Small Spaces
- Light and color choices can turn a cramped bathroom into an oasis within your home. If you do not have room for a window, perhaps the installation of a sun tunnel in the roof can bring in enough light to illuminate the room and even keep a plant alive. Remember, dark colors make spaces seem cozier, and pale light colors can open them up. This does not mean you have to commit to only light colors though, a cozy bathroom might be just the thing to make your home complete.
- Built-in shelving can optimize storage in the smallest of areas without compromising any of the space you have to work with. Hidden storage built right into interior wall studs offer nearly endless possible configurations of design. Remember that you can have it all even in a small area if you are creative with every square inch.
- If you have a small bathroom it may be just the space to splurge in the materials you may not have the budget for in larger areas. Go for that marble counter, after all, it is likely going to be affordable when it is barely two square feet. Splurge on that light fixture, because you only need the one in the area anyway.
- If you have not been bold enough to step outside your typical style choices but have always wanted to experiment with color then a small bathroom may be the perfect place to try those bold color combinations or accessories that you do not want in the main room.
- Remember that there are no hard and fast rules about bathroom design. If you want a fancy throw rug in front of the sink instead of a bathroom sanctioned rug, then go for it. You make the rules, be flexible and see what works for you and your space will be a unique reflection of yourself.
Many people overlook bathroom design as they plan to put their own stamp on the home. After all, it is not first in the mind while entertaining, nor relaxing. However, more time is spent in the bathroom than you may realize, and it is a great space to flex your design muscles, even if it is not the first room you see when you walk into your home.
If you have a dated bathroom with deep renovation needs you may not realize how quickly the professionals can update the area with a new jet bathtub, sauna shower, updated pipes, or simply cosmetic changes. It is not an uncommon misconception that items like a sink or tub are permanent fixtures but if you bring in the pros you will discover you can have just about any configuration installed into your current space. We can even take down a whole wall to open up an area and change the space entirely. We understand what goes into detailed renovations that affect the core structure of a home so whether you want a small bathroom improvement like a cabinet installed, a whole renovation with structural changes, or anything in between we are up for the task and love to flex our design muscles for the best end results.
Lake Macquarie Carpentry & Building Services can bring your bathroom renovation ideas to life. Browse our portfolio to see the craftsmanship and skill that goes into every single job we do and contact us to schedule a consultation and begin the first step of your journey to the perfectly designed home the reflects you in each and every corner.