Convert Your Old Kitchen Into A Beautiful Modern Kitchen
Kitchen remodels one of the most highly valuable renovations regarding return on investment, sometimes as much as 100%. This is because buyers are ‘wowed’ by shiny, new appliances, countertops, cabinets, and flooring. Most people spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so making it stunning and functional goes a long way. While there are ways to go all out, there are many options that include updating a kitchen without replacing your cabinets.
How To Convert A Simple Kitchen Into Modern Kitchen
Older kitchens are not always worn out but may need updating. For instance, laminate countertops last forever, but no one wants them in a modern kitchen. It is the same situation with the plain, light-colored cabinets. Although they don’t look too bad, it dates the kitchen.
So, how to convert a simple kitchen into modern kitchen is a complicated dilemma. From inexpensive changes such as hardware to replacing cabinets, flooring, or appliances, every new addition helps. Ideas include:
- Older kitchens often didn’t have hardware on the cabinets, or the pulls are antiquated. Today’s stylish homes feature stainless steel, brushed gold, matte aluminum, or even copper. Couple this with matching lighting, and the kitchen is lit up, literally!
- Adding a bar area or built-in seating makes the kitchen more welcoming and gives extra places for guests or family to hang out.
- Replacing or installing a new backsplash makes a world of difference in the kitchen. While subway tiles are still the rage, the colors and finishes are endless. Geometric patterns add a whimsical feel, and dark, rich colors like navy and emerald lend a contemporary vibe.
- Updating a kitchen without replacing your cabinets comes with various colors and hues to paint or stain the existing structures. Especially trendy are dark blue or black cabinets. Also, removing top cabinets and putting in open shelving is popular these days.
- Although one of the most expensive renovations, new cabinets are a solid investment. Additionally, the choices are endless, including shaker style, natural, flat front, exotic block, and more. Glass front cabinet doors allow for viewing of special keepsakes or china.
- Appliance replacement is a more pricey renovation but well worth the cost. Purchasing energy-efficient appliances is an immediate savings and are attractive to future buyers. Available high-end devices for the kitchen create a customized, luxurious feel. Also, these expensive appliances come with special features like Sabbath mode, customized cooking settings such as a rotisserie, gentle bake, and moisture plus, and a variety of unique colors, including teal, turquoise, and burgundy.
- Countertops are no longer just a workspace! Whether built from granite, quartz, soapstone, ceramic tile, butcher block, stainless steel, and even concrete, countertops are sturdy, long-lasting, functional, and beautiful. There is something for everyone, regardless of style, color, or material.
- Flooring in the kitchen is another place where you can go all out or choose a less expensive alternative but still make a real splash. Homeowners can select from many options from solid to patterned in wood, tile, stone, travertine, and slate. More recently, ceramic tile that mimics wood is a popular preference.
- Sinks and faucets have come a long way too. Copper sinks are perfect for a rustic, farmhouse look. A black sink in granite or quartz pairs well with a matte black faucet for a crisp, bold style. Also available are cast iron, stainless steel, and composite sinks. Today’s sinks include top mount, under mount, and apron front. Homeowners can choose from single bowl, double equal bowl, and off-set bowl sinks. Faucets can be finger touch control or even touchless. A pull down sprayer is perfect for cleaning the sink and rinsing dishes.
Removing Or Moving Walls
The old adage that the “kitchen is the heart of the home” is true. Family gatherings almost always result in everyone hanging out in the kitchen. Sharing the burden of cooking brings people together and is especially fun when everyone has a job to do. A small kitchen means this will never happen. It may seem hard to expand a space but it may be a matter of removing or moving a wall. Although a scary thought, the adventure of making a kitchen larger makes all the difference. Going from a runway with countertops to an expansive, user-friendly culinary dreamscape is the ultimate upgrade.
As you can see, how to convert a simple kitchen into modern kitchen isn’t an easy feat but it is sure to be a challenge and an exciting task.